Welcome to The History Chicks media recap emporium!
In 2011 we began our women’s history podcast, The History Chicks; in 2017, we began historically based recap episodes of the Netflix show Anne with an E on The History Chicks podcast. We had a lot of fun with it and found other shows that we wanted to take an episode-by-episode look at. The idea gates were open! We started talking about other ideas that we would like to cover but didn’t fit into the format of The History Chicks’ classic women’s biographies: Books, movies, television/streaming shows, special guests, museums…men? Why not? All historically-themed annotation of any kind of media.
We are still producing our first love, women’s history bios, under the podcast The History Chicks, but we decided that we needed an entirely separate, second podcast to house the smorgasbord of subjects we also wanted to talk about. We’re going to begin with The Crown, Season Two simply because of timing–it’s dropping at the same time The Recappery is launching. (We’ll go back, recap Season One and post those in the episode line-up later.)
You can use the drop down menu for The Recappery to find all The Recappery episode shownotes and audio players. Please subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts or wherever and however you get your podcasts. If you like what you hear, leave a five-star review for us and please tell a friend. Thanks for listening!
Beckett and Susan
Anne With an E, Season 2
The Crown, Season 2
- The Crown Recap : Episode 1, Season 2: Misadventure
- The Crown Recap : Episode 2, Season 2 : A Company of Men
- The Crown Recap : Episode 3, Season 2: Lisbon
- The Crown Recap : Episode 4, Season 2: Beryl
- The Crown Recap : Episode 5, Season 2 : Marionettes
- The Crown Recap : Episode 6, Season 2 : Vergangenheit
- The Crown Recap : Episode 7, Season 2 : Matrimonium
- The Crown Recap : Episode 8, Season 2 : Dear Mrs. Kennedy
- The Crown Recap: Episode 9, Season 2 : Paterfamilias
- The Crown Recap: Episode 10, Season 2 : Mystery Man
The Crown, Season 3